This website uses cookies to function correctly.
You may delete cookies at any time but doing so may result in some parts of the site not working correctly.


New Minor Illness Clinic

If you call requesting an urgent appointment on the day the receptionist may offer you an appointment in our Minor Illness Express Clinic.  You will be assessed by our Nurse Practitioner,  Lynn Cross,  who is able to assess and treat a range of common health problems and prescribe medication if required. This Nurse has been trained to spot signs of more serious illness and will alert the Duty Doctor. 



Hertford College

We are very happy to provide care for students at Hertford College. All students are enouraged to register with one of the college doctors. The college doctors have a close working realtionship with the college welfare team and the academic staff. They are very experienced in student health issues and how the stresses of academic study can impact on health and vice versa.

For the Hertford College health and welfare websource go to

The College nurse

The Hertford College Nurse is able to provide many of the services which you would expect from a practice nurse, including contraception and sexual health advice

All consultations are confidential. However, your college nurse may liaise with the college welfare team and medical staff with your consent.

28 Beaumont Street holds a lunch time clinic specifically for Hertford College students on a Tuesday.

 Students can of course make an appointment at any other time to see a doctor at 28 Beaumont Street by telephoning reception on 01865 311811.

Registration at the practice

All new Hertford College and New College students are registered at the start of the Michaelmas term. If you missed the registration for any reason please contact us as soon as possible to arrange an appointment.

Once you register with us your medical records will transferred to 28 Beaumont Street for the duration of your studies. You do not have to register with us, but if you do not, there will not be access to your medical records should you need to consult a doctor in Oxford.  Also, if you remain registered at your home address, then your home health authority may not agree to funding of NHS hospital care in Oxfordshire, should you need it.

If you choose not to register with us or transfer to another practice please make sure to inform your college of this choice in case of emergencies.

Call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergencyNHS ChoicesThis site is brought to you by My Surgery Website